Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Highland Park, IL since 1935, the NSYC is an affordable membership organization for Sailors, Kayakers, Power Boaters, Stand Up Paddlers and fun social events. As a volunteer organization, we are open to residents of all communities. See our lively boating community for yourself - NSYC Welcome Video
Due to COVID-19 GUIDELINES imposed by the CDC & the Governor’s Restore Illinois Plan, the NSYC is not currently offering Sailing or Kayaking Classes, or any Social Events. Please check back here often as we are optimistic that these restrictions may ease as the 2021 boating season progresses.
2021 NEW NSYC MEMBERSHIPS ARE BEING ACCEPTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1) You own your own Sailboat, Kayak, SUP or Powerboat, and you transport it to the NSYC each visit for your own use.
2) Experienced Sailors must be able to demonstrate independent skills of Swimming, Rigging, Sailing and Derigging a Sailboat (Sunfish, Barnett, 420, or HobieCat16) without assistance, prior to using NSYC sailboats.
3) SUP paddlers must pass a Swim and Skills competency assessment to qualify for NSYC SUP equipment use.
4) Kayak equipment use is restricted to renewing members who have previously passed our Swim and Kayak Skills assessment.
5) Minor children of members (under 18) must be accompanied at the NSYC, and on the water, by an adult member at all times.
Questions? Please contact Info@NorthShoreYachtClub.com
NOTE: The Park District of Highland Park sells the Parking Decals (required for vehicle access to the south lot), boat launch permits, boat storage space, and clubhouse rentals. Visit our Contact Us page above for these Park District contacts.