OHRMA Guest Policy
Each Monthly General Chapter Meeting includes lunch, discussion of HR matters, and a guest speaker of HR interest, complimentary for all Chapter Members.
Not a Member or bringing someone that is not a member? Be Our Guest!
Potential members are free for their first meeting. Guests & non-members are welcome to attend at a cost of $20.00. Cash and checks will be collected at the door or an invoice can be sent electronically following the event. All guests and members are encouraged to RSVP electronically so we may get an accurate count of our attendees.
Thank you and see you there!
Featured Speaker:Mark Griffiths
Newleaf Training and Development
While onboarding involves different activities and programs depending on your organization, some aspects are universal. Typically, it involves a limited period during which new hires are expected to read company policies and procedures, get settled into their workspaces, and learn about do's, don'ts, and how to’s.
If your onboarding isn’t working, you might struggle with retaining employees, accelerating learning, improving performance and team engagement, and making your staff engaged.
The challenge is to turn staff onboarding into a transformational experience!
This highly participative and engaging session will provide tools, tips and techniques in redeveloping your onboarding process to ensure you create an army of Raving Fans!
Key learning objectives/takeaways:
• What an employer value proposition is, and why it is important
• How to create an effective onboarding experience for new hires
• How technology, including VR, can enhance the onboarding experience
• How highly effective organizations approach onboarding
• Why onboarding plays such a key role to attracting and retaining talent
• How to create your own strategy for effective onboarding
Core areas that this presentation addresses:
• Establishing an employer value proposition
• Establishing an employment brand that supports organizational success
• Designing and implementing strategies for sourcing, recruiting, candidate evaluation, and retention
• Developing strategies for acquiring &retaining a high-performing workforce, using internal & external resources.
• Managing the employee onboarding processes.
About Our Speaker:
Mark is a Client Partner at Newleaf Training and Development and
oversees the East Coast office in Orlando. Newleaf provides customized
training solutions including eLearning development, instructional design
services, leadership and management seminars, webinar design and
delivery, coaching, keynotes and assessments including MBTI, DiSC, DiSC
360 and TKI.
Mark has personally gained over 18 years experience in the training,
eLearning, recruitment and staff development industry - working with
non-profit, education and privately held organizations such as Hilton
Grand Vacations, AAA, Randstad, Boston Scientific, Tesoro, McGraw-Hill
Education and Citrix to create and deliver high impact blended training
solutions incorporating a range of innovative instructor-led and online