Eagle Group August 2019 Monthly Meeting
Special Guest: Commissioner Larry Herke
Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs
Please join the Eagle Group of Minnesota Veterans for our monthly meeting on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 from 5:30-8:00PM!
Retired Colonel Larry Herke was appointed as the 18th Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) in January, 2019.
Commissioner Herke is charged with assisting Minnesota’s 327,000 Veterans and their families. He also represents MDVA at hearings before the Minnesota State Legislature and United States Congress, and maintains close working relationships with various Veterans Service Organizations of Minnesota.
Commissioner Herke served for more than 30 years as a member of the United States Army and Minnesota National Guard. After retiring from the National Guard in 2016, he led the Office of Enterprise Sustainability for the State of Minnesota. In this position he assisted all 24 cabinet-level state agencies in developing sustainability plans to save money, conserve resources and improve the environment.
Commissioner Herke holds a Master of Arts degree in Public Administration and Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, both from Minnesota State University - Mankato. He is also a graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and holds a number of certifications.
* * *
Please arrive early so that you can get some food, drink and socialize with others in advance of the meeting kicking off at 6:00 PM.
Don't wait... please register now, and plan to join us as we honor, network and share in the great camaraderie that is unique among veterans and our families!
• you must pre-register by 1:00PM on Friday, August 23rd via this link to our Member Planet registration page (not Facebook)
• upon arrival, sign-in at Cargill Security Bldg 9320
• free to veterans, dependents of veterans, Eagle Group advocates & volunteers
• if you are NOT a veteran or dependent, a donation of $25 donation is requested (please note that only meeting expenses for veterans and their immediate family members are supported by a grant from the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs)
• networking begins at 5:30PM with food and beverage service (includes a splendid buffet presented by Cargill's in-house caterer, Sodexo)
• program begins promptly at 6:00PM
• networking continues with "Needs and Leads" upon conclusion of program