Challenger Middle School PTA
Colorado Springs, Colorado
ENGAGING OUR STUDENTS
We crunched the numbers, we're starting to hear people talk about "what's the PTA going to donate/give back to this year" and we're excited about what lies ahead. We typically reach out to our teachers asking them to make a wish. But NEW! this year, we're asking students to provide ideas too. We'll need details: what is it? who's it for? how many students will be impacted? Is it sustainable long term with the dollars allocated? Etc. Once that's all been outlined, have your student submit it to their Student Council Representative. DUE DATE: 12/14/18 at 3pm
THE 2018 CHEETAH CHALLENGE
Our Cheetah Challenge Annual Fundraiser has officially completed, but we're going to leave the donation site open just in case there are more people who want to contribute. Learn more about what we have in store on our campaign page.
JOIN THE PTABeing a part of a middle school PTA is a great way to stay in touch with your child’s school environment as they navigate their path through these early teen years.
We recognize that many of you have been involved throughout elementary school. But don’t stop at Middle School. We have a super fun group, we meet at least once per month and we do a number of things that benefit the school, the teachers AND the students. Join us at one of our meetings. And when you’re ready to volunteer, no matter how large or small the task may be, we are always in need of more people who want to help.
WHAT WE DOWe usually hold only one fundraiser each year. And with those funds, we give back to the school, to the teachers and to the students. Here is just a sample of what we purchased, programs we contributed to and events we held this past year:
- Helped the drama department buy new lighting to enhance stage productions
- Supported Challenger Reads by buying hundreds of books for the students
- Purchased sprint timers for track meets
- Provided food for our teachers during conferences
- Purchased additional safety equipment for a science classroom
- Sponsored the all-school FEBFEST dance/carnival
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
BOARD FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
President: Michele Banks
Vice President: Denise McLean
Treasurer: Ann Grumann
Secretary: Angela Blazo
1) Join the PTA. The cost is $8 for an individual / teacher.
2) Follow us on Facebook.
3) Join our meetings - reference our Events calendar on Facebook
4) Email us when you’re ready to volunteer.
TAX ID and TAX-FREE FORM:
1) To obtain a copy of our tax id, click here.
2) To obtain a copy of the tax-free purchase form, click here.