Terrace Park PTA 2022 Read-a-Thon Fundraiser
** PLEDGES ARE DUE: BY FRIDAY MARCH 25TH! **
Reading period was: Monday, March 7th - Friday, March 18th
- Encourage literacy
- Raise funds for our PTA to use for school-wide events and support classroom grants to teachers. More details below.
- Students log individual minutes read from March 7th to March 18th. Individual reading goals can overlap with class goals.
- Classrooms set goals of completing Reading BINGO catagory squares
- Reading sponsor donations are collected
- Prizes are distributed
What are we raising money for?
100% of proceeds will fund events and programs provided to Terrace Park students, families, and staff. Your donations and support pays for Library & Classroom Books, Art and Music Supplies, our Literacy Program, Classroom Supplies, PE Equipment, Teacher Appreciation Activities, Future Math Nights and Much More!
What Steps to Take:
Tax receipts are available upon request.
Packets must be turned into school for student to be eligible for prizes.
- Scroll to the donation button to support a reader and their school! An electronic donation can be done here anytime.
- Fill out student name, grade and teacher (if known), to ensure they're entered for prize drawings!
- If you challenged students to read more by pledging a per-minute donation to be calculated by the student at the conclusion of our event, connect with your reader ASAP for your total per-minute pledge due before 3/24.
- Pledges can be paid to readers using cash or checks made payable to Terrace Park PTA, or use a credit card by clicking our Donate button.
- Please let us know if your corporation will match donations made to a non-profit organization.
We have PRIZES!
ALL students who submit a Reading Log form or turn in a fundraising envelope,
regardless of any amount raised, will be recieve a Bookmark or Terrace Park Decal.
TOP CLASS READING PRIZES:
TWO classes who read the most will receive a trophy,
new books for the classroom library
AND an Extra Recess!
Kindergarten - 2nd grade are competing and
3rd - 6th graders are competing for top honors!
TOP READERS and TOP FUNDRAISERS for each grade
will be entered into a drawing for additional prizes including:
$30 Bookstore gift certificates
E - reader
Ice-skating passes including skate rental
Terrace Park bracelets
What Steps to Finish up:
Read and Log Minutes!!
- Set goals for minutes to be read during the Read-a-Thon and number of classroom BINGO categories to complete. Share these goals with potential sponsors such as family, friends and neighbors! Sponsors can pledge a one-time donation, a per-minute donation, or on the number of BINGO squares completed.
- Track the sponsor pledges on your sponsor log.
from March 7th to 18th.
Turn in Reading Packet with the reading log, sponsor log, and all collected pledges by Friday, March 25th to be eligible for prizes!
- Have an adult verify and initial daily reading log and final tally of total minutes read.
- Mark one BINGO square per reading session. (A Non-Ficton book from the Library with a One Word Title Read Aloud while Wearing your PJ's will count for one of those catagories per reading session. The time of a reading session will vary by grade and class. Verify with your teacher but should range 10-30mins.)
Terrace Park PTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax receipts are available upon request.
- Notify any sponsors who pledged a per-minute donation or per BINGO square donation of their amount due (minutes read x amount pledged per-minute = total donation amount).