Friends of Wilbur (FOW) is the parent-run all-volunteer not-for-profit 501(c)3 “booster” club that raises funds for Wilbur. Wilbur Charter prides itself on being more than a school: We are a community of families and educators committed to providing our children with the highest quality of education. Thanks to the diligence and hard work of our Wilbur teachers and staff, combined with the generous contributions of time and money from parents, FOW is able to deliver an enriched elementary school experience beyond what LAUSD provides.
The “I HEART WILBUR” pledge drive is our biggest annual fundraising event and enables us to continue supporting the programs and services listed below:
- Live Zoom art classes with Ms. Schwartz
- Live Zoom music classes with Ms. Kim
- Live Zoom and online computer instruction with Planet Bravo
- Online science instruction with Mystery Science
The goal of the “I HEART WILBUR” pledge drive this year is to raise $100,000. Every dollar counts towards reaching this goal, so if you cannot give the suggested amount, we appreciate gifts of any amount. This year, we have lowered our suggested donation amount out of respect for the financial challenges our families are facing. If you are able to contribute last year’s amount, we thank you. But please know that whatever you can give is greatly appreciated. Every bit helps.
Suggested family donations are as follows:
- $550 (previously $700) – Families with one child at Wilbur (can pay $55/month Aug – June)
- $900 (previously $1,100) – Families with two children at Wilbur (can pay $90/month Aug-June)
- $1,100 (previously $1,500) – Families with three children at Wilbur (can pay $110/month Aug-June)
Click “DONATE NOW” and pay in full or create your own customized payment plan.
Thank-You Gifts for Donating!
- Full Suggested Donation: Receive a colorful 41” by 20” family banner on the Wilbur fence. Families that pay the full recommended amount in installments WILL receive a banner.
- Donations of $20 or more: Receive a 2020-2021 “I HEART WILBUR” car magnet.
- For 5th Grade Families: For an additional $100 donation, upgrade to a business-size banner (41.5” by 41.5”) which includes a message and/or photo for your graduate!
Together we can reach our pledge drive goal of $100,000!
Your donation is 100% tax deductible!