Canal Dock Boathouse, Inc. ("Canal Dock"), a New Haven, Connecticut 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is developing programs for the new boathouse, pictured above. Canal Dock will lease the facility from the City of New Haven and operate a community-oriented, waterfront boating center. Multiple types of recreational and competitive boating opportunities are either underway or planned, from dragon boating to kayaking, to rowing and sailing, and all programs for New Haven public school students are free. In addition, public education programs in environmental science, through a partnership with Canal Dock's anchor tenant, the University of New Haven, will be a signature initiative.
The Canal Dock General Fund is open - please help support community boating in New Haven!
The general fund currently supports items like:
• Day-to-day operations of dragon boating & rowing
• Dragon boat & rowing equipment purchases
• Monthly rent at the Quinnipiac River Marina
• Safety equipment, maintenance & fuel
In 2018, when the Canal Dock Boathouse opens, we'll add:
• Coach & program manager salaries
• Executive director salary