Canal Dock Boathouse, Inc. (CDBi), a New Haven, Connecticut 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is developing programs for the Canal Dock Boathouse. CDBi will lease the Canal Dock Boathouse from the City of New Haven and operate a community-oriented, waterfront boating center. Multiple types of recreational and competitive boating opportunities are either underway or planned, from dragon boating to kayaking, to rowing and sailing, and all programs for New Haven public school students are free. In addition, public education programs in environmental science, through a partnership with CDBi's anchor tenant, the University of New Haven, will be a signature initiative.
Fundraising for the Canal Dock General Fund is ongoing. Please help support community boating in New Haven!
The general fund currently supports items like:
• Day-to-day operations of dragon boat & rowing clubs
• Dragon boat & rowing equipment purchases
• Monthly rent at the Quinnipiac River Marina
• Safety equipment, maintenance & fuel
And in 2018, when the Canal Dock Boathouse opens, we'll add:
• Coach & program manager salaries
• Executive director salary